Low cost of doing business
- 3.0% NC Corporate Income Tax rate
- 5.499% NC Individual Income Tax rate
- Davidson County Cost of Living Composite Index is 88.8
- Combined NC and Davidson County Sales tax of 6.75% - among the lowest in the U.S.
- No inventory tax
- Right-to work state (non-union)
- Personal Property Tax Rate among lowest in the southeast U.S.
- Davidson County rate is $0.54 per $100 valuation
- Energy and Utilities rates among the lowest in the U.S.
Superior Transportation and Logistics Network
- I-85 connects Davidson County to the United States interstate network.
- I-285 provides immediate access to I-85 and I-40.
- NC Highway 64 provides immediate access to I-73/74 and I-40.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, Piedmont Triad International and RDU International Airport are conveniently located near Davidson County.
- Davidson County Airport (KEXX) offers business aviation services. Avgas/JetA (No fees with fuel purchase) 5,000 ft runway. ILS, LOC,DOR-DME,GPS
World-Class Workforce Development and Training
- Economic Development, Private Industry, Education and Government collaboration
- Fully-integrated advanced manufacturing education and training curriculum, at Davidson County Community College with apprenticeship opportunities provided through public-private partnerships.
- Davidson County population – 164,926
- Davidson County labor force – 79,600
- within 15 minutes – 141,307
- within 30 minutes – 579,315
- within 45 minutes – 1,505,155
- Davidson County unemployment rate – 4.2% (12/2017)
- Median household income – 43,363
- Davidson County wage standard (2016) - $717/week
- Ranked as Tier 2 county (2017 - NC Commerce)
High Rock Lake
- High Rock Lake is a reservoir lake located in Davidson County and is part of the Yadkin/Peedee river basin
- High Rock Lake is the second largest recreation lake in NC
The Company You Will Keep…….(Major Davidson County Firms)
- EGGER Wood Products
- Atrium Windows and Doors
- Old Dominion Freight Line
- Richard Childress Racing
- PPG Industries
- Emerson (ASCO)
- United Furniture
- Whitewood Industries
- Ennis Flint
- Unilin Flooring (Mohawk)
- 9th largest population in the U.S. (over 10,000,000 - 12/2016)
- 9th largest GDP in the U.S. ($481.9 Billion – US Commerce Department)
- 2nd largest state-maintained highway system in the U.S.
- The largest consolidated rail system in the U.S.
- The lowest corporate income tax rate in the Southeast (3.0% for 2017)
- No inventory tax
- Construction costs are 18% lower than U.S. average
- Largest manufacturing workforce in the Southeast (460,000+)
- 58 Community Colleges providing Customized Workforce Training and Development programs for new and existing industry
- #1 Best States for Workforce Development / Atlantic Region – Site Selection Magazine (2016)